Introductory Study Course Synopsis
Family Tradition of Dynion Mwyn
Marietta, Georgia 30006-0036
Web Site http://www.tylwythteg.com/
Structure of Dynion Mwyn
Characteristics of Dynion Mwyn
Origins of Dynion Mwyn
Becoming a Witch
Beginning on the Path
Ethics and Training
A Word to the Wise
The Next Step
Outline of the Home Study Course
Dynion Mwyn is a Welsh Tradition of Witchcraft established in the United States in 1967 as the Church of Y Tylwyth Teg which was legally incorporated in the state of Georgia in 1977 by Lord Rhuddlwm Gawr. Dynion Mwyn has been recognized as a religion by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and an Administrative Court of the United States federal government. In 2004 Dynion Mwyn was formally incorporated in Georgia as The Celtic Church of Dynion Mwyn, Inc. and has five major goals:
- To provide a haven for those who believe in the Welsh God and Goddess, worshipping them, and keeping their Sabbats sacred;
- To help individuals holistically develop their potential spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical and artistic abilities;
- To work with the world of nature, protecting, and cooperating with HER in every way both internally and externally.
- To survive the coming "bad times" which every Nature oriented religion reveals in their prophecies.
- To teach the art of Magick and Healing to those who are ready.
Members share a philosophy of belief that all life is interconnected and sacred. This belief is the heart of our religion. Following the Gwyddon (Witch) Way involves applying and living this belief, which has evolved and developed over the past thousand years. A central part of this philosophy is the observance of eight seasonal festivals during the year, resulting in deep connections built between ourselves and the Gods of Nature and Spirit. At other times we meet to work, study, meditate and enjoy each other's company. These meetings are called Circles and are usually held every two weeks. Additionally, Esbats - Moon Rituals, are held at the time of the Full Moon every month. Individual members and Covens exist in many countries worldwide. For more information, send an e-mail to:email@example.com
Seeker, your life holds infinite possibilities. The purpose of Welsh Witchcraft is to reveal these possibilities to you. Within the Craft, if you work and advance properly, you will:
- have a sense of satisfaction on all planes of consciousness.
- have the power to move in other dimensions and realms of being.
- have the power to communicate with entities of different life forms.
- develop new and magickal gifts within yourself...learn Nature Magick from the Red Dragon and the Green Dragon,
- develop certain powers of ESP which give you knowledge and power which you only dreamed of.
- gain the knowledge and ability to bring things you need and really want into your life.
- experience forms of pleasure whose very existence was unknown to you before you became one with the Spirit.
- attain absolute love...knowledge...and power.
- conquer fear...become a Spiritual Warrior.
- learn the ordered pattern behind apparently unrelated things... read those signs which are speaking to you.
But will you? That is up to you.
The Welsh Tradition of Dynion Mwyn is the parent tradition of several groups all over the world. Our original Coven and Cenedl was founded near Betws-y-coed, Cymru. Our U.S. cenedl's focus is on the teaching of ancient Welsh mysteries with a healthy dose of information from other sources as well.
We claim a mystical lineage from the Bards of the last true Prince of Wales, Llewelyn Y Llyw Olaf, who died in 1282. We don't claim descent from Prince Llewelyn, only his Bards. We are also descended from Cenedls or Covens in Wales.
Dynion Mwyn has grown to be an international religious movement. DM has numerous sister covens throughout the United States, Africa, Australia and Western Europe including Great Britain. The Church is organized around an Inner and Outer Circle, with the Outer Circle representing those members who are studying for initiation and the Inner Circle which is composed of Initiated witches. The Coven of Dynion Mwyn has both resident and correspondence study courses available for seekers wishing to learn more about our tradition and possibly become initiated. In order to be initiated, a student must be personally taught by a high priest or High priestess. A certain amount of face to face training is required.
Training in Y Dynion Mwyn consists of Levels or stages of instruction. Each Level has its own initiation which is performed with others in a Circle or Grove. The first three levels are:
- The Witch
Initiation into the first Level is followed with work on the healing and divinatory skills of the Y Dynion Mwyn, a study of sacred sites and trees, animals and plants. This level takes you on a journey through the cycle of the year.
- The Priesthood
This Level introduces you to the advanced concepts of Witchcraft and shows you a living Way that can be taught in the modern world, bringing a greater sense of connection with all of nature, and with the ancient heritage of the Celtic wisdom/tradition. The initiate learns to teach and lead.
- The High Priesthood
In this Level, the teachings continue with the study of the Celtic Grail myths and are particularly concerned with helping each member find their true direction and purpose in life. The initiate is becoming an Elder.
Our ranking officers are the High Priest and High Priestess. According to traditional Witch Laws, their word is law in the coven, since they have years of experience in these matters. They are assisted by other senior members of the coven or grove, whose rank will be explained to you at a later time.
These officers answer to a council of Elders made up of High Priests and High Priestesses of third level or higher of other Dynion Mwyn covens.
CHARACTERISTICS OF DYNION MWYN
Among the many characteristics that distinguish Y Dynion Mwyn from other traditions of Witchcraft are:
- A strong emphasis on a shamanic trance experience, through drumming, meditation, and sensual awareness;
- The acknowledgment of an ecstatic journey to Faerieland through the art of Shape-Shifting;
- A path of sexual mysticism;
- The use of the Welsh language, bardic poetry and liturgical material in ritual and worship;
- An acknowledgment of Welsh deities and archetypes specific to the Tradition;
- A strong identification with the realms of Fairy; the generation of Fairy Power;
- A unique assignment of the elements of air, earth, fire, and water to the four directions;
- The principle of the Three Selves;
- A robe and cingulum of specific colors which represents the level or degree of attainment;
- A visualization of a blue flame of protection;
- A tribal and clan experience in the coven; and
- The veneration of the warrior ethic.
Our tradition does not coddle the weak, support those who are insincere, or tolerate dishonor. Y Dynion Mwyn is gender equal.
Because of our ecstatic Shamanistic emphasis, there is more risk of mental disturbance than in Wiccan traditions, which only work with the fertility aspect.
There are uncertain boundaries and unseen dangers in this dimension of the spirit which we call Faerieland because the Trance State takes us into a different state of reality. Tree Spirits, Gnomes and fairies dwell there, and you must be careful how you deal with them. For this reason, our tradition is not for everybody, and it is not open to mass attendance.
The Y Dynion Mwyn religious philosophy includes a deep respect for the wisdom of Nature, a love of natural beauty, a manifestation of bardic creativity, and the practice of Celtic Shamanism. This is in contrast to traditions which practice only psychodrama through ritual.
Y Dynion Mwyn , in common with other initiatory traditions of the Craft is a mystery religion of Love, Knowledge and Power, resulting in the mystery of physical, mental and spiritual ecstasy, with a direct communication with the divine. Our Gods are not forces from the collective unconscious; they are REAL. Thus, we have the responsibility to respect them and help them just as we do to our human Mother and Father.
Y Dynion Mwyn uses a specific collection of Welsh chants and ritual tradition, which provide a framework for our Circles. The Magickal events are triggered by the participants entering into a psychic state of sensitivity. Rituals are diverse and passed down from the ancient Welsh tribe of Dynion Mwyn, although we have borrowed from other Celtic sources as well. Y Dynion Mwyn has a initiatory lineage, traceable to The Bards of Prince Llewellyn of Wales.
ORIGINS OF DYNION MWYN
Legend says our tradition includes the Welsh Mysteries that were passed down to Y Dynion Mwyn from an ancient priesthood. This legend also concerns the search for the Mystical Grail of Immortality. For this reason, we believe Welsh Witchcraft, is one of the world's oldest Mystery traditions. The principal legends and secrets containing the language, symbols and philosophy of the tradition, have changed little over the centuries. This legacy embodies our customs, history and religious sacraments and has only changed by making its precepts more understandable to you in this modern age. We are always experimenting to see if there are better ways of doing things. Ancient Pictish Witches and Welsh Druids passed on their spiritual, mystical and magickal knowledge of the mysteries and beauty of Nature to our forefathers over a thousand years ago, and until this day it has existed in Wales.
A North Wales Coven was established in 1956 by Taliesin einion Vawr, from the remnants of what was called the Wynne tradition or Dynion Mwyn.
Taliesin, was born in the forests of North Wales in 1927. During his first thirteen years, because of his father's government position, the family traveled throughout Europe. They returned to England in 1938, and the children were sent to live with relatives in Wales. In September, 1940, their father and mother were killed in the Blitz bombing of London during the Battle of Britain.
He and his sister were taken in and raised by an uncle and auntie in a small village in the North of Wales. In 1944 at the age of 17, he joined the Army and was wounded during the invasion of France. He then returned to Wales and it was then that he learned of his families heritage of Druidism and Witchcraft as they met Y Tylwyth Teg (welsh fairies) at Fairy Ring near Betws y Coed, and swam with the water faeries in the local river. He says in his journal this was the happiest time of his life.
Two Wentworth covens were established near Cardiff and outside London England, in the sixties, by the sister of Taliesin Enion Vawr, our teacher. A Coven and Grove was also established in Central Wales.
In 1965, an American, Rhuddlwm Gawr, met Sarah Wentworth while on holiday in Majorca. She invited him to visit her in London and meet members of the "Elder Faith"; those who practiced the Welsh tradition of Witchcraft, as she called it. Intrigued, he decided to take her up on her offer and met her in August of 1965. After a day of discussion, they drove to Wales where he was introduced to Taliesin and other family members. Rhuddlwm stayed in Wales and studied The Old Ways with the family until he returned to the U.S. in 1966. Rhuddlwm later established the Coven and Church of Y Tylwyth Teg in Landover Maryland. (See http://www.tylwythteg.com/history )
Taliesin taught the Old Ways until 1992 when he turned over the leadership of Dynion Mwyn to his sister who became chief elder until she died in 1999. In that year, Lord Rhuddlwm Gawr and Lady Cerridwen Gawr, of the United States, inherited the leadership of Dynion Mwyn. Lord Rhuddlwm is Welsh by blood.
After an extended illness, Taliesin, one of the surviving elders of the Dynion Mwyn Welsh Family Gwyddon (Witchcraft) tradition, died quietly in his sleep. Taliesin was responsible for opening up the Welsh tradition to outsiders. His dying wish was that the basic philosophy of the Welsh tradition be available to all through the Internet, and that seekers be given a "Taste of Wales" through home study classes. Y Dynion Mwyn sponsors the Welsh page on the net at http://www.tylwythteg.com/dynionmwyn
BECOMING A WITCH
If you are primarily interested in the Welsh craft as described here or at http://www.tylwythteg.com then read on and you may become part of a training group in your area, but as I said before, our groups have a long waiting list.
Ordinarily the wait could be over a year, but we sympathize with your situation and offer an alternative. We have organized several Welsh Witchcraft on-line study groups under the direction of our elders.
You must first join the General Study Group at (DMGeneralfirstname.lastname@example.org ) Then, register for the Home Study course or the resident Introductory Course. After completing the the course, you will be allowed to join your state or area Study Group. Participation in one of these study groups will help prepare you for initiation into the Dynion Mwyn Welsh tradition of Witchcraft.
If you do not choose to ask for instruction, you can stay in the General Study Group for as long as you wish. The General Group is for those seekers who have not completed the course or classes or are just interested in Welsh Witchcraft and Dynion Mwyn and do not want to take instruction. Good luck.
Are you really interested in studying witchcraft? Have you read the Mabinogion and the Story of Taliesin? Do you wish to follow the path of the Wise Ones? If you wish to determine if our tradition of Witchcraft is what you are looking for, read on!
If you are interested in Witchcraft because you've just seen the film "The Craft", and want to have control over the person who's just ditched you; or you have seen "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" and want to be able to change your dress in an instant; or you've seen "Charmed" and want to win the lottery; or you just watched "Practical Magick" and wanted Sandra Bullock's powers; or you saw "Blair Witch" and are now excited that "Blair Witch II, a Book of Shadows" has been released; or you were watching reruns of "Bewitched" and got excited about the prospects of twitching your Nose; you've come to the right place; because we're going to do our best to discourage you!!! There is Power in Witchcraft, but it must be used responsibly!
If you came here because you are interested in Witchcraft for excitement, wild sex, large silver pentacles, black gothic clothing, turning your boy/girl friend or spouse into a toad or being self-indulgence, you'll be very disappointed! That's not to say that Witches don't like excitement, large silver pentacles, black gothic clothing, turning their boy/girlfriend into their slave and having fantastic sex (after all there are some wild Witches out there!), but that's not a good reason for studying Witchcraft.
Welsh Witchcraft is about Spiritual Enlightenment, Religion, Healing, Magick, Knowledge, and yes - Power, but if you are not interested in your own Spiritual Growth, and not interested in doing all the hard work involved in becoming a Witch, put this letter down, and read it when you are.
Still interested? Then read on:
BEGINNING THE PATH
Once you start on this path, it will become an important part of your life. Being a Witch is a vocation, just as being a Doctor, Nurse, Architect, Engineer, or for that matter, the Priest of any other religion is, because that is what you are going to be: a Priest or a Priestess, who will be legally authorized to perform marriages, or minister to a congregation. In Christianity, a minister or Priest must work very hard to become the leader of a congregation. A Witch Priest or Priestess must work just as hard and just as long or even longer.
Once you are a Witch, it will be with you for the rest of your life. You will always "know" things and understand things others won't. You will feel things more. You will be able heal others. You will be able to perform magickal rituals.
Being a Witch is also about service to the Great Spirit - the Lord and Lady, so you have to go through initial pain of spiritual growth and learning. After all if there is No Pain: there will be No Gain! If you avoid the pain of learning, whom are you serving? The answer: no one. Uncomfortable yet? Having second thoughts? If yes, give up reading this now. If not, read further.
Some people make statements like: "Witches are born not made", and others claim that "Witches are made, not born". Neither is totally true. Yes, psychic ability does come easier to some people, but the majority of Witches learn the Knowledge of the Craft through hard work.
If you become a student, you will acquire knowledge through study, and the practice of the Art through an ongoing craft structure preserved, modified, and continued in various forms and folkways from the days of our Pictish and Druidic ancestors, and before. What, you say? Haven't true Witchcraft Rituals and Spells continued unchanged since the time of the Romans and ancient Druids? Yeah. Uh Huhhhh.
You will learn that rituals and spells are personal. Some work for you and some work for others, but not every spell is for everyone. You must learn the basic rites and rituals that work for everyone and then create those special rituals and spells that work only for you. How do you do that? Through work and more work and study!!! You never stop learning that there is always more to learn, particularly about yourself.
Discipline and responsibility are cornerstones of your growth and our expectations. We require them no less from our students than we do from ourselves. That is why we screen all who come to us looking for initiation into the Welsh Gwyddon. We will do a psychometric reading of your photo and your handwriting. If you are not honest with us, you will never hear from us again. Don't try to test us, that will be considered an insult.
Always keep in mind every true Witchcraft tradition strives to promote certain behavior from you.
Although trust and honesty is promoted among our members, we also will expect you to be totally Honorable and Reliable. If you can convince us you are sincere, and ready to work, we will give you the opportunity to begin introductory training. This instruction will introduce you to the basic philosophy, magickal rites, rituals and practices of our religion. It will also give you a great deal of BASIC occult and metaphysical knowledge.
For our part, we will devote as much time and effort as it takes to help you become a Witch, High Priestess and a Representative of Y Dynion Mwyn if we see there is potential within you; but we will also expect certain things from you: we will expect you to complete your lessons in a reasonable length of time. If we ask you to return an exam in a month, we don't mean two.
Why do we teach first by Home Study or Intro Class? Because either you are not close to one of our covens, there is a long waiting list, or you wish to begin your studies as soon as possible. Besides, certain information is more easily taught by home study and we have just so many teachers. We will not have to devote much needed resources to attempt to train those basic seekers who find it difficult to retain new knowledge. After we have evaluated your capability and sincerity over the course of time, by reading your answers to our questions and evaluating your exam results, THEN we will talk about personal instruction.
When it comes time to be taught in person by an individual teacher, we will expect you to give him or her your complete attention as well as the courtesy and respect due an elder of the Craft. Therefore we will expect loyalty and honor to our Tradition to be your first mottoes. These two words are part of the Twenty-Three Tenets (or Virtues) which you will be taught in your first year.
Our tradition has initiated thousands of Witches, trained hundreds of Elders, High Priests and High Priestesses, and started many Covens. But even though Witchcraft is a popular religion, this knowledge is not for everyone's eyes. Some people cannot handle the truth, or the power of Magick. You don't share a loaded machine gun with a five-year-old child. That is why you will take an oath of secrecy before you are initiated. With that said, there are many impostors claiming to be Witches. And several claiming to teach a Witch tradition with an unbroken lineage. Uh Huh.
Be very careful of anyone who boasts that they teach witchcraft unchanged for two thousand years, and they have wondrous abilities and they are a third or fourth degree mucky muck. They are almost certainly just I.R.A.B.s (I read a book).
Welsh Witches don't boast of their abilities. They don't have to. Do not take the word of anyone just because they may sound reasonable or knowledgeable. Investigate any Magickal group you are involved with. Ask about their qualifications. Ask who their teacher was. Ask for a way to contact that teacher and confirm their claims. Caveat Emptor - "Let the Buyer Beware!!!
Our Elders have developed study programs available to selected candidates for initiation. During your participation in these studies, you will be given tools to understand Nature and all its myriad aspects. As you learn these mysteries of Nature you will begin to understand the ways of Natural Magick. We regard Magick as an integral part of our workings because Magick and psychic development are the tools we use to understand the Universe and all living things, and to change the conditions of our life. We believe that Magick is the essence of creativity, that it is the energy of the God/dess and the nature spirits.
We will show you how to live in harmony with Nature and its forces. In our teachings, we emphasis the creative aspects of the God and Goddess, the Great Spirit, and stress the respect you must have for these forces.
You will learn various techniques of obtaining Psychic Inner awareness, through such techniques as meditation and rituals. This process will help you attain a higher form of consciousness, eventually leading to Spiritual Enlightenment.
If you complete this training and become part of our Outer Circle, you will find an empathetic and supportive community, and you may then become a WITCH! A Witch has not only mastered the above studies but is also working to become a High Priest or High Priestess in the service and worship of The Great Spirit, which takes the form of the Mother Goddess and the Father God in all their many forms and names. You will eventually teach the knowledge of the Mighty Ones, and live by the philosophy of the Laws of the Craft.
I will now explain the process we use to select those seekers we believe are truly interested in the craft as a "Way of Life". This process is a necessary step in weeding out those who are only curious and not serious.
We have covens in several locations. Most of them have long waiting lists. So: 1) you can take our 13 lesson correspondence course which will give you the basic tools needed to understand the advanced teachings or 2) you can apply for training and wait for an opening with a coven in your area.
Obviously we are going to look at those who complete the correspondence course before those who do not.
The craft is a way of life to us, not just a hobby to fill up the spare hours of our day. By taking our time and looking at each applicant as if we would be spending the rest of our lives with them, we have time to sift through all the e-mail notes and letters we receive, to find the ones we feel are truly serious. Hopefully this delay will also give you time to decide if the craft is something you really wish to become involved in, or if you just want to satisfy your curiosity. By giving us both the time to reflect, hopefully we can both find a good match.
Over time, as we find out more about you and you find out more about us, we can come to know if your path is compatible with our ways. If you are not, we will then be able to direct you to a path which better allows for your personal and spiritual growth. If your path is to join with us, then you can grow and learn. It may seem like this letter is more of a questionnaire than an Introduction to Welsh Craft and an answer to your note, but we don't know you and you do not know us except for what you have read of our Web Pages. We have been told by Spirit to begin looking for certain individuals the "Old Ones" have been waiting for. Do you feel that you may be one of those? We shall see.
Now, read the following statements. If you can honestly answer YES to most of the following, then you may be Witch material. We only accept a select few which are compatible with the Old Ways. This path is not for every pagan, witch, or magic worker. (Thank you Ed Fitch for providing the basis for this list)
- You are old enough to be a responsible person , or you have parental consent.
- You can honor both goddess and god and seek a balance in your life.
- You are not ashamed of your mind, body, or spirit.
- You tend toward the mystical and are intuitive.
- You prefer lineage and tradition to eclecticism and politically correct, feel-good rites.
- You have no problem with learning the ancient mysteries over time, not instantaneously.
- You are ready to be both a leader and a follower.
- You are ready to be involved in a group with a long history and high expectations.
- You are ready to commit years, even decades to this path.
- You are not a collector of initiations.
- You do not join a group and then expect to alter its system, tradition, language, and philosophies to fit your low expectations or faulty knowledge.
- You are attracted to joining a Witchcraft tradition whose members are interested in learning, not being the Witch Queen or King.
- You are unique and highly intelligent.
- You have a healthy attitude toward sexuality and are not a prude or puritan.
- You keep your promises and do not break oaths, EVER.
- You can be silent even when sorely tempted to speak out and correct others.
- You are ready to make an old Craft tradition an important part of your life.
- You feel it's important to observe the turning of the wheel of the year.
- You practice Magick and observe the seasons, and know when the moon is waning or waxing.
- You read a lot of books.
- You are moderately healthy.
- You are not addicted to drugs or alcohol.
- You don't whine, make excuses, or pass the buck.
- Others consider you as an "old soul" or one who is wise beyond their years.
- You work for a living, are supported by your parents, or have an independent income.
- You want to work in a Welsh and/or Celtic tradition primarily.
- You are willing to train for a year and a day and can accept hierarchy as necessary to development.
- You seek structure in your spiritual life but you can also be spontaneous and inventive.
- You are inquisitive about or have experimented with reincarnation, tarot, runes, astrology, psychometry, metaphysics, energy projection, healing, sacred dance, etc.
- You enjoy reading the mythology and folk tales of other countries, in particular, the stories of the seven Celtic nations, Britain, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, Brittany, Isle of Man, and Cornwall.
- You feel you would want to work with both sun and moon magickal energies.
- You are particularly attracted to the Welsh Goddess Cerridwen after reading "The Mabinogion" by Lady Charlotte Guest
- You are ready for a deepening of your soul.
- You have recently experienced a calling to Welsh or Celtic Witchcraft.
- You know the difference between Wicca and Witchcraft - or can learn.
- You know what a fluffy bunny pagan is and you don't want to be one.
Read the above 36 statements three times. Burn a white candle just before you go to bed three nights. Ask yourself if you qualify three times. If you have answered yes to most of the questions and can convince us of your sincerity, we may allow you to join our Outer Circle of students, and we will give you the opportunity to begin introductory training.
The training will introduce you to basic philosophy, magickal rites, healing rituals and religious practices of our Coven. When you complete the course of study, you may be invited to join a working coven near your area, if there are none; or if there is a waiting list, we will encourage you to join an on-line study group in your area.
When you become part of the Outer Circle, you will be apprenticed to an elder for any help you may need. Your study in this Outer Circle has no time limit, but it is up to you to complete the requirements for initiation at the suggested pace. You will not advance to the Inner Circle by cutting corners. Indeed you must realize the completion of the requirements will not mean an automatic and instant initiation into the Inner Circle. That will only come when your personal teacher has given us his or her approval.
ETHICS AND TRAINING
We teach and practice the highest form of ethics. We have to. We are visible to both the pagan and mundane world. We expect our students and members to reflect the same concern for ethics we do.
How will you learn? The methods used in your training will be manifold: you will receive written lessons as well as oral teachings. You will experience hands-on training and trial by ordeal. All of these styles will serve to strengthen and educate you in different ways. You will find that as you ultimately reach higher levels of involvement, seekers will come to you for help and instruction, and you must be strong in the ways of the craft in order to assist them.
Another facet of your training will be when your teachers place you in situations to gauge your reactions. These are tests of character and of courage. You should see them as being as much a benefit for you as for us. The greatest power involves knowing yourself and your limitations, and then striving to exceed them. These tests have proven difficult for many students in the past, but they will not harm you.
Have you changed your mind? Have we discouraged you yet? Still with us? If you are and you still feel you would like to continue, then you should take the next step on your search.
A WORD TO THE WISE
A word of advice. All true Witchcraft traditions have their enemies just as other spiritual groups do. Fundamentalists represent one kind of enemy, but there are others.
There are Welsh Christians who pretend to be Pagans and try to convince anyone who will listen to them that there is no such thing as a Welsh Pagan tradition.
There are Pagans who want to "have the glory" but will not do the work, so they claim to be "real welsh witches" and try to dissuade students from studying with us. These are the pathetic ones who will go so far as to defame and malign real witches in an attempt to gain "followers" for their Cult of Defamation.
There are also those who would half heartedly study the Welsh Craft, but could not pass the written or oral requirements, or maintain the discipline and standards of learning that the Welsh Tradition demands. They also try to destroy what they cannot have, by slander and defamation.
Ethical leaders and Ethical Web Sites do not trash other groups. If they trash anyone else, they are not Witches or Wiccans. They are not honorable, and they are not Pagans. They are Jealous of a groups success, therefore they try to keep others from contacting them.
No, the search for truth is not all sweetness and light and there are snakes in every forest. Don't believe everything you hear. If you hear disturbing rumors about any group, ask your teacher about it. Still with us?
THE NEXT STEP
All right. You've finally made it this far, and you want to become a Welsh Witch. What do you do now? If you are still interested in learning more about our way: Read the following listed books and go to the following sites and read all information contained therein:
- First, read "The Quest", by Rhuddlwm Gawr which can be ordered at Tylwyth Teg Home Page
- Second, read "The Mabinogion" by Lady Charlotte Guest.
- Third, you will be expected to read: "The Inner Temple of Witchcraft", "The Outer Temple of Witchcraft" and "The Witch's Shield: Protection Magick and Psychic Self Defense", all by Christopher Penczak. If you have trouble finding the above books at your local library, order them using the Book Store page at http://www.tylwythteg.com/bookstore/bookstore
- Fourth, read The Wales Dynion Mwyn homepage at http://www.tylwythteg.com/dynionmwyn
- Fifth, join the DM General Group at: DMGeneralemail@example.com But do NOT post messages until you read the following warning we give all new members. You will be sent e-mails from ex-students, fundamentalist christians and others who will try to dissuade you from joining our group. They join our DM groups using ficticious e-mail addresses in order to obtain your e-mail address when you post a message. Then they send you mail requesting that you join a group that they have prepared that is an anti DM group.
- Sixth, look at the Welsh Witchcraft page at http://www.tylwythteg.com/welsh1.html
- Seventh, read the Welsh Witchcraft beliefs at http://www.tylwythteg.com/beliefs.html
- Eighth, read the history of Dynion Mwyn in Wales and the UK at http://www.tylwythteg.com/WORD/WORDCH01.html
- Ninth, read the history of Y Dynion Mwyn in America at http://www.tylwythteg.com/history.html
- Tenth, read the Introduction to a Book of Shadows at http://www.tylwythteg.com/bos.html
- Eleventh, read: "A Craft Dictionary" at http://www.tylwythteg.com/glossary.html
- Twelfth, read the "Descriptions of Religious Sabbats" at http://www.tylwythteg.com/wheel.html
- Thirteenth, read "Symbols of the Craft" at http://www.tylwythteg.com/symbol1.html
- Fourteenth, read "Frequently Asked Questions" at http://www.tylwythteg.com/wfwfaq.html
- Fifteenth, complete the Questionaire and Registration Form, attach a letter telling us why you wish to become involved in Welsh Witchcraft, and describe yourself in detail. RETURN A CLEAR PHOTOGRAPH for psychometry, with the above items, a large self addressed envelope to: Camelot Press Group, P.O. Box 672125, Marietta, GA 30006-0036 USA. (be sure and include your e-mail address with all correspondence) We will evaluate your answers to the above questions, read your story, and evaluate your questionnaire.
If you are accepted, we will send you more information and instructions and a copy of your paperwork will be forwarded to a Coven in your area for their information. If they have an opening, and they feel you are acceptable to them, they will get in touch with you. But don't expect to be contacted right away. Welsh Covens are very secretive and private. We have been burned too many times by the Christian Right, news people and other pagans. If you are not acceptable, your donation will be returned.
While you are waiting, go to http://www.tylwythteg.com/bookstore/bookstore.html and look at the reading list. If you have time, obtain books we listed above and read them. If for some reason you are not acceptable, you will be notified. You can expect an answer within two weeks of receiving your application. If you do not hear from us after thirty days, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about your application. In parting, we have a blessing for you:
"May the powers, of the Earth Mother, guard and sustain you on your Quest for Enlightenment!"
Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd...."Truth against the World!" "May the gods lead you to the right path!" When we part, we always say: